Monday 30 March 2015

Hobby Arts March Blog Challenge

Scenes 


 


This card has a real mix of mediums, I have used :

Hobby Art Spring Scenes CS091D
Hobby Art Butterflies CS077D
Bleeding Artist Tissue
Spectrum Noir Aqua Pens
Pearlescent Pan Pastels 
Gold embossing powder
Hexagon Die
Onyx Versafine ink pad


The Bleeding tissue are applied to the card first and this is not laid down in any particular way but I knew I would need plenty of green so that is why there is so much of it. then I stamped on another piece of card and marked up where I wanted to cut the Hexagon shape, cut roughly around the shape of the primula's and taped the hexagon in place after making sure the primula's were under the die cut as I didn't want to cut them in half ..... I learnt to do this with Anna at my first Hobby Arts workshop in January .... thank you Anna.
I then stamped the daffodils and grass in place and then cut the card with the aperture down to size. Stamped onto the now dry Art tissue background and started colouring the stamped images with the Aqua pens. 

When this had dried I stamped the butterflies in place with a versamark pad and sprinkled with the gold embossing powder then heat set.
I used a gold Sakura pen touch ( large bullet tip) pen to go around all the raw edges of the aperture the topper and the blank card as well. 

Thank you for looking 

Love Doreen 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely Springtime card. Love the bleeding tissue technique.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarn, it is such an easy technique isn't it ? I learnt fairly quickly not to use to much water as it really does muddy the colours,don't you agree.

      Delete