Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Clarity Challenge # 11

For me this is a New Technique, this has not been perfected yet but still I try... I will not be beaten !!! lol xx

Saturday, 18 January 2014

And now for something entirely different, after a workshop with Hels Sheridan last weekend I picked up some tips and another one included using pan pastels in a way I had not heard of and the result was this ....

The things I used included : 
Paper Artsy stamps
Meltpot embellishments
Pan Pastels
Stazon Black inkpad
Tissues separated into 1 ply for stamping
Gilding Wax 
Assortment of Acrylic paints
Liquid pearls  

Monday, 13 January 2014

Here are a couple of projects using Sweet Lilac Flowers. The first is the Horse Shoe Made with a selection of flowers dipped in the melt pot making them look a little different from the norm ...

I entered the Sweet Lilac Challenge with this and attatched the flowers using a hot glue gun. 

The silver effect given for the horseshoe was achieved by spreading Pinflair glue gel over the mdf blank and then sprinkling silver bedazzles onto the gel, pressing them lightly into the glue gel.

I finished off with some pretty ivory coloured ribbon.


The next Sweet Lilac project is another Birthday reminder board but it is a little different as I was requested to make it for a Wedding Present .

I have used White gesso as the base on the board then stencilled with caramel adirondack ink and one of the Clarity Stamp frame stencils. I used this effect on the top and the sides of the board and on the Birthdays plaque. I went in between the uncoloured areas with adirondack lettuce inkpad again using a stencil brush,

The images are again Clarity Stamp and have been stamped using archival inks Potting Soil and Fern Green.

The sweet Lilac flowers were white in colour and I used a promarker (Tan) to ink the edges. 

A caramel coloured piece of jewellery cord was used for hanging the board and the flowers and the Birthdays sentiment were attatched using pinflair glue gel.

To seal it I used the Crafters Companion spray and shine.

I have shown this to the lady who requested it and she thinks it is perfect for the people it is going to. 
Meant to blog this ages ago .... I made it as a Secret Santa gift for someone at work who's nickname is .... yes, you guessed it  Cockrel

I thought it would be fun if I made it have a purpose as well, so made it into a clock by simply cutting a circle of board and positioning it where I thought it look it's best. Then with the help of my Hubby drilled a hole through both the board and the mdf blank.

I used black gesso and covered the mdf both front and back. 

The eyes are black gems with a little white acrylic paint around the outside and a small dot on the gem itself.

I grubbied up the clock face with a stencil brush and Black Soot distress ink pad.

The feathers are applied to the blank using Pinflair glue gel and cutting them down to size as and when needed. I know it is probably not coloured like any chicken or cockerel you have ever seen but after all it was just a bit of fun !

Lastly the cockerel was put into it's stand which I had also coloured with the black gesso, but have to say it was a very tight fit ! I don't think it will be coming loose anytime soon, that's for sure. The clock mechanism was put in place but I did have to trim down the minute and second hands. 

The recipient of the clock was delighted with it and has it in his office.

Saturday, 11 January 2014

Another Birthday Board.

The above photo's show another Birthday board that was requested by my daughters best friend. I have used Lavinia stamps for these but the same Happy Birthday stamp by Clarity Stamp.

The inks used in this board were ;

Adirondacks ; Stream, Sunshine Yellow and Wild Plum.

Archival ; Jet Black

I also used some versafine inks for stamping images.

Gilding Wax was used for the outer edge of the board just to 'frame' the work, a length of cord for hanging and to give the board it's shine I used Collall Colorall decoupage glue which when dry if you buff gently with a tissue gives a lovely shine to the work.

The jump rings I have used for the discs on this occasion were 12mm in size and I chose pink in line with the colour scheme.