Monday 13 January 2014

Meant to blog this ages ago .... I made it as a Secret Santa gift for someone at work who's nickname is .... yes, you guessed it  Cockrel






I thought it would be fun if I made it have a purpose as well, so made it into a clock by simply cutting a circle of board and positioning it where I thought it look it's best. Then with the help of my Hubby drilled a hole through both the board and the mdf blank.

I used black gesso and covered the mdf both front and back. 

The eyes are black gems with a little white acrylic paint around the outside and a small dot on the gem itself.

I grubbied up the clock face with a stencil brush and Black Soot distress ink pad.

The feathers are applied to the blank using Pinflair glue gel and cutting them down to size as and when needed. I know it is probably not coloured like any chicken or cockerel you have ever seen but after all it was just a bit of fun !

Lastly the cockerel was put into it's stand which I had also coloured with the black gesso, but have to say it was a very tight fit ! I don't think it will be coming loose anytime soon, that's for sure. The clock mechanism was put in place but I did have to trim down the minute and second hands. 

The recipient of the clock was delighted with it and has it in his office.


No comments:

Post a Comment